Friday, July 31, 2009

Local Chase; Woodstock IL. 7.30.09

This was another day I was not expecting much for severe weather. When I got home from work I was so exhausted I passed out and woke up around 4:30pm. I logged onto the computer and noticed on GR3 there was a storm popping up in Rockford and became Severe Warned. I watched for a bit and up came a tornado warning till 5:15pm. I packed up my things and took off, it normally takes only about 20mins to get there, however traffic got the best of me again!


I arrived just south of Woodstock and the storm was down graded to Severe Warned; there was a trained spotter that reported a Tornado on the ground with a small dust swirl on the ground with no damage. I found a good spot to pull off and snapped a few photos, it produced very small hail for a short time, however had strong wind gusts up to 60mph at some points.


Here are a few photos taken when I arrived:


No comments:

Post a Comment